Honorary Consul Kjell Bergh:
It has been a pleasure to serve as Tanzania's Honorary for the past fifteen years. Having reached the venerable age of 70, I have tendered my resignation and stepped aside on December 31st, 2015 to give a younger person an opportunity to serve in this important position.. Tanzania is a beautiful and exciting country of more than 50 million hospitable and gracious people. It is also home to some of the World's most significant wildlife sanctuaries, including the Serengeti Plains, Ngorongoro Crater and the Selous. It is also home to the Zanzibar islands and Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest peak at 19,340 foot. Tanzania's economy is poised for take-off, following discovery of substantial off-shore natural gas fields. When added to Tanzania's alredy impressive tourism, gold-mining and agro-industries, it is clear that East Africa's largest country will be substantially changed over the next fifteen years. It has been an extreme honor to serve. I take my leave with sadness, not regret, but much more importantly with a great deal of pride and satisfaction. I will always consider myself part of the Tanzanian family and look forward to witnessing the next phase of rapid, but responsible development in a truly great nation.
Asanteni na kwaherini!
I have been asked by the Foreign Ministry to assist in a search for a new Honorary Consul. After the selection and approval process is complete, the nominee's name will be submitted to the U.S. Department of State for final accreditation. The process will take several months. In the meantime, please direct all inquiries to the Embassy of the United Republic of Tanzania in Washington, D.C: (202) 884-1080 or firstname.lastname@example.org K.B.
- New Venture Competition Sign-up
- New Vice-President of Tanzania, Samia Suluhu Hassan
- New President of Tanzania
- Explore Tanzania with Kjell Bergh January 2016 - FLYER
- Careers in Africa New York is looking for exceptional Tanzanian Candidates
- Tanzania Minnesota Business Mission - November 5-10, 2014 Register
- Statoil finds more gas offshore Tanzania
- allAfrica.com: Tanzania Sets Up Special Unit to Scrutinise Gas Revenues and Wealth Fund
- Tanzania top foreign direct investment destination in EAC
- FY 2014 Funding Opportunity Announcement for NGO Programs Benefiting Refugees in Uganda, Democratic Republic of Congo, and Tanzania
- Groundbreaking - KARUCO October 11, 2012
- Minneapolis-St. Paul International Film Festival
- Let there be light in our school-October, 2013